The Salisbury Fringe Returns!
15th-17th October 2021
Short Cuts – Saturday 16th October 2021
Submissions are now OPEN for our showpiece event, from writers based in and around Salisbury. Five or six plays will be selected for the event and will be performed by professional actors.
- We are looking for punchy, entertaining mini-dramas to be performed script-in-hand on any subject. No monologues.
- No more than 10 minutes (1,800 words incl. characters, stage directions). Longer pieces will be rejected.
- 3 actors max.
- Scripts should be in 12 pt font with wide margins left and right, and set out in standard UK stage play format. Pages numbered.
- Writers should include a list of characters, ages and relationship to each other.
- No or minimal props or costumes.
- You may resubmit work previously performed at Scratch Nights or completely new work.
How to submit
- Include a front sheet with your name and contact details (email, phone number, address)
- Include the name of your play on subsequent pages but NO OTHER IDENTIFYING DETAILS. All scripts are sent anonymously to Readers.
- Maximum of two plays per person.
- Send your play(s) as an attachment (.doc or .docx) to Sara Taylor: email@example.com by midnight, Sunday 5th September 2021
We are unable to give individual feedback but will respond to all writers by 19th September 2021.
Plays will automatically be rejected if the submission guidelines are not followed.
Want to try out your work in progress with professional actors? The Scratch Night takes place on the first Friday of every month at 7pm, currently via Zoom. See your writing performed and get feedback from fellow writers.
Submissions are invited from writers based in Salisbury and the surrounding area. Send your scripts (max 12 pages, minimum 12-point) to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked Scratch Night, by the preceding Wednesday.
To help keep the Fringe Festival free to all, we ask all successful writers for a £5 donation on the night towards the actors’ expenses.