Salisbury Fringe Festival
SUBMISSIONS are invited from writers based in Salisbury and surrounding regions for an evening of ‘SHORT CUTS’, to be performed ‘script in hand’ on
Saturday, 5th October 2019 at 6.30 p.m. and 8.00 p.m.
Five or Six plays will be selected and performed.
- We are looking for original, breath-taking new plays … with passion, attitude, comedy on any subject. No monologues.
- No more than 15 minutes (1,800 words incl. characters, stage directions) Longer pieces will be rejected.
- 3 actors max.
- Scripts should be in 12pt font, printed one side of A4, with wide margins left and right, and set out in standard UK stage play format. Pages numbered.
- Writers should include a list of characters, ages and relationship to each other.
- No or minimal props./ costumes, these to be provided by the writer, director or actors in consultation.
Please bear in mind that you are writing for a small pub venue.
You may resubmit work previously performed at Scratch Nights or completely new work. Maximum of two plays person.
The submission period is now open. The closing date is midnight on Sunday 19th August 2019
Send your Submissions to Sara Taylor: email@example.com
Please ensure that your name and contact details (e-mail, phone no., address) appear ONLY on the email to which your script is attached. Please include the title of your play on this email too. Identifying details MUST NOT appear anywhere on your scripts. Only the name of your play should appear.
Plays will automatically be rejected if the submission guidelines are not followed.
Unfortunately we are unable to give feedback on scripts. We will respond to you as soon as we are able to do so.